Adriana Camarena is proud to collaborate with Accion Latina to create and distribute “Unsettled/Inquietos,” a series of literary non-fiction essays based on portraits of working class and poor residents of the traditionally Latino Mission District of San Francisco.
The essays will be published in English and Spanish in the bilingual El Tecolote newspaper of Acción Latina in print and online. Links to the essays in English and Spanish are provided below.
Get your fingers inky with a free print copy at a variety of local Mission and San Francisco cafés during the week of publication! (The author encourages this old school experience.)
An Unsettled/Inquietos Reading. Dec. 9th, 2017, 1-3pm, Acción Latina.
Adriana Camarena, Acción Latina and El Tecolote newspaper proudly present a free public reading of the first two issues of “Unsettled in the Mission” with accompanying slideshow.
Saturday, December 9 at 1 PM – 3 PM, Acción Latina, 2958 24th St, San Francisco, California 94110
- Facebook event page here.
Threading the Life of a Mayan. Issue #2, Nov. 2, 2017
- Nov. 2, 2017. Day of the Dead. English. “Threading the life of a Mayan”
- 2 nov. 2017. Día de Muertos. Español. “Hilando la vida de un maya”
- Reading/ Lectura: Nov. 2, 2017, 5 p.m., Altar for/de Luís Góngora Pat, on Shotwell Street at corner of 19th street/ Calle Shotwell casi esquina con la 19. Facebook event page here.
Looking for Indio in the Mission. Issue #1, Oct. 5, 2017
- Oct. 5, 2017. English. “Looking for Indio in the Mission”
- 5 oct. 2017. Español. “Buscando a Indio en la Misión”
- Reading/ Lectura: Oct. 7, 2017, Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts, 8pm
The “Unsettled/ Inquietos” series is supported by a 2017 Creative Work Fund literary grant.
We want to hear from you! Please write to the Author at mission.unsettlers @ gmail.com or the Tecolote Editor email@example.com.